She had good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours... good sentences and bad sentences. It was intense but we both survived it all.
The cat, all Cass' stuff and both of us travelled back a lot slower than we'd gone out. Left first thing Friday morning and got back late last night (or early this morning depending on who you ask).
Things I learned this past week:
* with enough caffeine I can drive more than 8 hours at a go
* truck stops sell weird stuff
* there are no good radio stations
* you can drive through a mountain snow storm, rain, hail, sunshine all in one day, and still have time to stop in Iowa for a tornado.
* "American" fast food just doesn't taste as good as the Canadian variety
* Motel 6's allow cats, but Super 8's forbid them
* your bill or your cheque is called "a ticket"
* when a sign says "39 more miles to next services" its a good idea to pull in and fill up your tank
blah. I'm sure there was a lot more I intended to write but I just got really tired.